Friday, May 23, 2014

6 Year Ago Today

This week clearly has been themed on graduation. Earlier this week I posted about JMU so today lets go back six years ago.  Six years ago today I graduated from one of the best Independent schools in the Hampton Roads area, Norfolk Collegiate. Today will be my first graduation as a Norfolk Collegiate employee! I went to Norfolk Collegiate from 1st grade - 4th grade, then moved to Japan (story for another time), then came back from 7th grade - 12th grade.  I was one of those people that absolutely LOVED high school.  I loved my teachers, friends, experiences, and everything else high school brought.  I was named Class Friendliest and I like to sum up my high school experience on that note!


Going back looking through pictures to put in this post really took me back to so many memories.  It's crazy to think how fast time flies. So today's 5 on Friday will be dedicated to some of my favorite memories from high school.

one. homecoming



I loved homecoming! Clearly I went a little over board this year!

two. sports
I was a three sport athlete all four years in high school.  I also played travel soccer outside of school so to say I was busy was an understatement. Although some people (you know who you are!) like to think that Cheerleading is not a sport, it most definitely is.


three. think pink fashion show - senior project


At Norfolk Collegiate, every senior is responsible for completing a senior project.  Ryan, Mary, and I carried on the tradition of the Think Pink Fashion Show.  We gathered donations from stores and companies, managed models and fittings, and raised over $5,000 for Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation!

four. spring breaks


We went on so many awesome vacations as a family in high school.  We went to Key Largo, Sanibel Island, and Orlando!


five. graduation


And to wrap everything up, graduation was one of the best times of high school.  It was the last time we were together as a class and the pictures I look through bring me back to so many memories.
Norfolk Collegiate Class of 2008- Happy 6 year graduation day!

2 comments:

  1. My daughter does competition cheering... and yeahh, soo much more of a sport than people even recognize! The things these girls can do is absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is definitely a throwback post right there. Haha! I love that crazy outfit on that first picture. That’s definitely over the top. Haha! I love your cheerleading pictures. It brings back so much high school memories. :D
    Jennine Stalder @ UE Sports

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on the blog! I cannot wait to read it and check out your blog! xx, cayte