Tuesday, May 20, 2014

When In Myrtle Beach...


Hmm. So in 10 days, I am heading down to Myrtle Beach with D.J. and the boys to watch them play the Myrtle Beach Pelicans! This will be my first time to Myrtle and I am super excited.  When I got to college, everyone seemed to always do Beach Week trips to Myrtle but we never did that because we live at the beach.  There is no point to drive 6 hours south to sit at the same beach and (pretty much) the same boardwalk.  I could be completely wrong, but I am expecting it to be pretty similar to VB minus the huge ferris wheel.  


Anyways, I need y'alls help.  While D.J. is at the field, I obviously will need something to do.  Besides get super tan, which I plan to do, I need some suggestions on restaurants, shopping, outdoor adventures, and whatever else you think I need to do while I am visiting!

READY.... GO! Any suggestions are good suggestions :)

4 comments:

  1. The MB skywheel (IMO) is overpriced but worth it once, we rode at night. I've visited MB at least once every summer of my life. Its a huge tourist attraction with a wide verity of shows (Carolina Opry, Pirates Voyage <dinner show, and tons more) shopping, and plenty of people. We usually stay in the North MB or Cherry Grove area, much calmer than "the strip" of MB. There are two outdoor shopping/attraction places, Broadway at the Beach, right beside the Pelicans stadium and Barefoot landing, a little more north. They have two large outlet centers one closer to the beach and another a little further out and a nice new outdoor shopping center called The Market Commons on the south end. More authentic seafood is found at Calabash on the NC/SC boarder but there are plenty of good seafood buffets Captain Georges is my favorite (its just pretty). Let me know if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never been to Myrtle.....WHAT?!?!?!!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOOOOVE me some MB! It's where I grew up going to the beach. :)
    Our tradition is ALWAYS going to get some major seafood at the Chesapeake House. So good! Been going there since forever! It's the best. And instead of a regular bread basket...there are hushpuppies and cinnamon rolls too. AAAAAAHHH! Salivating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We took our Senior trip there but I haven't been back since.. and that was a LONG time ago. I hope you have a wonderful time! The beach is my Heaven on earth! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on the blog! I cannot wait to read it and check out your blog! xx, cayte