Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Ringing In The New Year - 2015


Happy  New Year friends! I can already tell that 2015 is going to be one helluva year!

Once again, we were so excited to ring in the new year with some of our best friends! Last year the gang came down to visit us and we celebrated at Watermans and watched Jake and Karlyn get engaged.  This year we drove up the road to spend the night in Richmond, VA.   I am so excited for what 2015 has in store for our friends, Conner and Carleigh - in about six months, they will be Mr. and Mrs. Brown - just like us! 

Since I knew we were going to be outside, I decided to think warm thoughts on my outfit of choice.  I had these amazing black tights that were fleece lined so I knew those would be perfect with this sparkly sequenced skirt.  I went to the mall searching for a warm top.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money because it would be covered with my parka most of the night, but still needed something with sleeves.  I ended up finding this perfect sweatshirt with just enough glitz and style to be worn for New Year's Eve. I topped the outfit off with my new suede booties that were perfect for the event!



Before heading up to Richmond, I stopped by Just Cupcakes, the delicious bakery we used for our wedding, to get some stylish cupcakes to ring in the new year with a little something sweet! 


We arrived in Richmond around 5 and checked into the hotel before heading to  Bottom's Up pizza for some dinner and drinks.  I decided to go with pizza and a Blue Moon for dinner since I wasn't wearing a tight dress :) This piece of pizza was massive y'all. I' talking like 1/4 of a large pizza!! But it was delicious and it was great for leftovers when we got to the hotel later that night!

We finished dinner and headed back to the hotel to hang out with more of Conner and Carleigh's friends from Richmond.  It was so fun meeting everyone and seeing how everyone knew each other. We met a few of the other groomsmen for their wedding and had a  blast chatting and drinking. 

D.J. and Conner - New Year's Eve - Blog With The Browns
D.J. and Conner - New Years Eve
Cayte and Carleigh - New Years Eve - Blog With The Browns
Cayte and Carleigh - New Years Eve 
Jake and Karlyn - New Years Eve - Blog With The Browns
Jake and Karlyn - New Years Eve
Cayte and D.J. - New Years Eve - Blog With The Browns
Cayte and D.J. - New Years Eve 
Jake and Luke - New Years Eve - Blog With The Browns
Jake and Luke doing the ECU "arg" hook - New Years Eve 
D.J. and Jake - New Years Eve - Blog With The Browns
D.J. and Jake - New Years Eve 
Around 10:30 p.m. we all left the hotel, bundled up and went down to Browns Island for some fun music and to countdown the seconds to 2015! I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve and got to ring in the new year with the people you love and care about!


2 comments:

  1. Too funny you know Karlyn! She went to Mason with my husband so our paths crossed a few times :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on the blog! I cannot wait to read it and check out your blog! xx, cayte