Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Home Improvement Week 3: Burlap Wreath [part 1]

Since cleaning up all the Christmas decorations, I have felt our house seemed pretty bare.  We had a beautiful wreath for Christmas and I needed to either make or get another one that I could use all year long.  Deciding on the burlap wreath was a no-brainer.  I knew I wanted that look but I had no clue how to make it.  After asking around and watching this video, I figured out a way I could make it work!
step one. get the materials
18'' green metal frame from Michales
I first bought 2 roles of 10' burlap, but I ended up needing to go buy 3 more! 
"B" wood letter to put on the frame when its finished
Burlap Wreath, wreath, DIY
step two. tie a knot
First thing you need to do is tie a knot in the burlap to the green frame.  Some people suggest painting the green frame so you don't see it when you are finished. I decided not to paint mine since I figured no one will be close enough to tell!

step three. weave the burlap
Weaving the burlap through can be done different ways. I wanted mine to look like the picture below.  To achieve this look, I had to feed the burlap through the 3 rings about 5 times on each of the green ring sections of the wreath. 
 
Burlap Wreath, wreath, DIY
step four. keep going
Once you get the hang of it, you ave to just keep going steady! So far, this is what I have! Currently our weather here is a little rough and I cannot make it out to get the rest of the burlap!! Look out for part 2 of the Burlap Wreath Tutorial next week!!
Burlap Wreath, wreath, DIY

10 comments:

  1. So cute! Can't wait to see the finished product! I can't believe how much snow VA is getting right now! So crazy!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://www.anchorsaweighblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chelsea! Thanks :) It is pretty crazy how much we got (even though its only 2-3 inches!) We didn't have work today and already got the call that we have another snow day tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gracious this looks amazing. Maybe I could do one of these. hehe Thanks for stopping in over at my blog. I'm happy to have you following along and happy that I get to follow along with you too. I wanted to email back but your comments are set to no-reply blogger. There are good tutorials on how to turn it off so you can interact better with bloggers. Email me if you ever need anything Cayte! Happy Thursday eve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use all year long. Deciding on the burlap wreath was a no-brainer. roofing reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done on the home ownership projects! Quite inspiring work, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me..
    Click here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! http://www.tntreefarmnursery.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice home improvement blog! Keep sharing..

    Home decor

    ReplyDelete
  8. The professional will also advise you on this aspect and help you start the project at a time that will be best suited to your goals. Try this web-site

    ReplyDelete
  9. Certainly, cleaning services dubai involve 100% trash can removal which will pro make sure you do during earliest. Before cleaning your job, they make sure you inspect an entire place including- washrooms, and collect many of the trash which have been unnecessarily through there. maid service in dubai

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on the blog! I cannot wait to read it and check out your blog! xx, cayte