Monday, July 6, 2015

2015 Fourth of July Weekend

Whew. What a weekend! The 4th of July is my favorite holiday and this year did not disappoint.  Having Friday off and not having to drive to Lynchburg was amazing.  The weather here was pretty overcast and rainy, so we spent the whole day watching almost two full seasons of Grey's Anatomy.  Yep, that's what us baseball girls do when the team is away and we don't travel. 


Saturday morning we got a workout in before the family came up to visit.  Every year our neighbor has a big July 4th blowout party and I was so excited that a few family members decided to come see D.J. play instead.  This is now the third year in a row that D.J. has played on the holiday and this year he did AWESOME! 7 innings, 4 hits, 0 runs, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts!
 I didn't get any pictures of D.J. pitching because these little girls were loving on me the entire game and learning all about balls and strikes while D.J. was on the mound.


These ladies make baseball fun! 


I couldn't be more happy that these pretty twins are back in America for good!


And when they saw D.J., they were attached.  I think I heard "D.J." said almost as much as they say "mom!"

After the game, we watched fireworks on the field with the guys.


I had to beg the girls to get out of the photo so I could at least get one good one with him.



D.J.'s dedicated fan club.  My in-laws, my aunt, Nana, mom, and the girls. 


And while waiting for the guys to come out of the shower, we played with sparklers and figured out how to do this cool photo.  Now I know how to do it, so the next photos will be even better! 



 Hope you all had a fabulous 4th celebrating America with friends and family that you love!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on the blog! I cannot wait to read it and check out your blog! xx, cayte