Monday, January 13, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

Ah.. Bachelor Monday night! Lets get real. This house isn't watching The Bachelor.  Currently, the Duke UVA game is on TV and the Bachelor is recording.  I like watching it recorded anyways so I can fast forward through the commercials.  

This weekend went by super fast! They all do, but this one was extra fast.  Friday was pretty low key.  D.J.'s parents came in town around 9 p.m. so we watched some tv and played Scattergories while we waited for them.  Since we are still putting together the guest room, D.J. and I slept on the twin size bed we have in the 3rd room and gave our bed to his parents. 

Saturday morning we slept in got up when Stryker was hungry which was right on schedule with our weekday 7:30 a.m. wake up call.  D.J. had a basketball game at 10 so we went to watch that! He has only coached one other game and they lost but Saturday was their first win! The final score was 27-21! Such a nail biter! After the game we went down to Ghent so I could check out the Christmas sale going on at A. Dodsons! I got a few Christmas items that are already packed up in the attic for next year.  I couldn't resist this spoon holder though.  I have needed one and nothing is better than one that says this...

We came home for a little bit then we headed to the mall to see Lone Survivor.  Words cannot describe the way I felt leaving the movie.  I have been meaning to read the book, but the movie was phenomenal.  I have always had such respect for the men and women in the services (Navy especially), but this movie really depicts what they do on a day-to-day basis to protect our freedom.  If you do anything this weekend, spend the $12 (or $7.50 for matinee) to go see the movie.  You will not regret it.  

Nothing can top a night quite like Chicks Oyster Bar can.  Especially when you get the Marina.  I don't think I have ever ate anything that looked so delicious.  Crab legs, shrimp, clams, and oysters!

After dinner we came home and finished watching all the great football games this weekend!

Sunday was pretty busy! The in-laws got on the road after we had breakfast at Sandfiddler and D.J. and I needed to run some errands.  First off, we took down all the Christmas decorations outside, which was so sad! Then we ran to Target to get a gift for a Bridal shower next weekend.  I ended up leaving with the present along with a bunch of other Christmas sale items and dollar section Valentines Day pick ups! Then we looked for lamps at TJ MAXX and I ended up leaving with a yoga mat, 2 candles, and no lamps. Typical. 

After our shopping, we went over to my parents for a little bit, came home and did a workout in the garage, and then we jazzed up our kitchen! Details to come in the Home Improvement post on Wednesday! 

To leave you on this Monday night, say a little prayer for all those who are home and abroad that our protecting our freedom each and every day.  What better way to say this in a picture than Mermaids, American Flag, and the Navy.  Many reasons why I love living in Hampton Roads.


Have a happy Monday night blogging world :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on the blog! I cannot wait to read it and check out your blog! xx, cayte