Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Harrison's Nursery Reveal

When I thought we were having a girl, I knew exactly what I wanted the nursery to look like. I had lots of ideas on Pinterest and knew the direction I wanted to go right away.  Pink, gold, white, and light colors.

Little did we know that Harrison would throw that for a loop.  My boy nursery Pinterest page was a hot mess.  I didn't have any idea of what way I wanted to go.  I didn't want a theme.  No sports, no animals, no cars.

I found a few items along the way that shaped the direction we went with the nursery. The soft fishy blanket, the wood "HC" letters, and the fact that I knew we were going to have the chair from my cousins. Here's a look at the nursery!

This is the view standing from the door.  We decided not to put blinds up for now because the windows have a frosting built into them.  Once baby boy starts taking naps in his room we will have to reevaluate the situation and see if we need to put them up!


We have been so fortunate to have so many things passed down to us or things that we have refurbished. The chair, which rocks, glides, reclines and is in great condition, was given to us from my cousin.  The crib used to be one of the people I babysat for and when they moved, I snatched it up.  Yes - we had a crib and a mattress sitting in our attic 2+ years before we were even pregnant!
The dresser was in my room growing up and I love the way it turned out once we painted it.



The dresser is on the wall right inside the room.  We decided that the best way to have the dresser set up was with the changing table on top and some hand sanitizer and diapers in the top drawer. The knobs are from Hobby Lobby and I am obsessed with them! They have the gold/wood accent that I was looking for.

We decided to paint the dresser with an Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - Old Antique - if I remember correctly. I will do another post later on the way I decided to organize the dresser.  We snatched the mirror up from Home Goods for a steal of $40! It's solid wood and looks PERFECT!


 The crib is the Kendall Crib from Pottery Barn Kids. However, we got it a while back and it's in great condition! Only thing I tried to replace was the teething rails, but they don't sell those individually. All the stuffed animals, pillow and light blue blanket were gifts.  I decided to purchase our own bedding from The Land of Nod and love the way the orange looks in the room.  The fish blanket was one of the first items I got for the nursery.  It's so soft and I love the colors.  It was the starting point for the room.  The hamper to the left of the crib was a shower gift as well.



We scored the carpet at Home Goods the same day we got the mirror.  I was in LOVE with the soft feeling and bought it with the thought that we can always return it.  I'm not in love with the grey, but I think there is enough grey throughout the room that it all ties together with the colors.



The side table next to the chair was $9 from Goodwill.  We painted it the same as the dresser and added the same arrow pulls on it.  Right now I have a basket with all the toys we received from showers in the space at the bottom.  I have some things stored behind the chair - tummy time mat and another storage big. The pillow was TJMAXX purchase that looked perfect with the wall color - which is Sherwin Williams "Tidewater".


These awesome and easy to install shelves are from Target and these cute baby shoes are to die for! We decided to put the baby monitor on the shelves because we didn't want to mount it to the wall yet.  The two prints on the top shelf were made for Harrison by my friend, Kendall.  We orderer the "HARRSION" blocks from Little Sapling Toys on Etsy. 


On the wall behind the door, we hopped on the Ikea spice rack band wagon and spray painted the wooden racks white and they are perfect for the books. 


The closet is still an organizational work in progress, but my dad knocked it out the park with the shelves he installed.  After a long time of deciding what I wanted the closet to look like, he put the shelves up and now all I have to do is figure out how I want to organize it.  As of now, the blue bin on the bottom contains all of his books.  Orange bin is the next few clothe sizes up.  And the two orange metal bins have extra crib sheets and the baby carriers. 


The other side of the closet has the diaper wreath that we will eventually use, the Boppy pillow and a bin full of blankets. In the shelves below are all the unopened diapers that we got from the shower.  


 And to top off the room, I made a little book of all the cards Harrison received from the showers!


 The nursery has been a labor of love and we love sitting in his room on the soft, cuddly carpet.  I cannot wait for him to make his arrival and rock him in that big comfy chair.  His room has such a special smell to it.  (Side note - even before pregnancy, I had a very strong sense of smell)  I love the way the smell of his nursery will always remind me of him and getting his room all ready.

We are so thankful to all our friends and family that have helped us put this room together. He will be here before we know it and baby boy, we are ready for you!

Sources
Curtains - Pottery Barn Kids 
Dresser - Previously owned
Chair - Previously owned
Knobs on Dresser - Hobby Lobby 
Crib - Pottery Barn Kids
Bedding - The Land of Nod
Changing pad cover - The Land of Nod
Side Table - Good Will
Wall Color - Sherwin Williams "Tidewater"
Shelves - Target
Book Holders - Ikea

4 comments:

  1. It is so dreamy!! I love the non-themed direction you went, it just has such a sweet feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so sweet for your little man! Now, all you need is HIM! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable room to bring your baby boy home to :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on the blog! I cannot wait to read it and check out your blog! xx, cayte