Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas Day 2015

Knowing that this would be our last Christmas kidless, we wanted to make sure we saw as many family members possible in one day!

We started the day off around 7 a.m. at our house.  I've always said that we will wake up on Christmas morning in our own bed and with a baby on the way, this is more important to me than ever! Stryker got his annual big chew bone and toys along with some fresh tennis balls.



He was pretty satisfied.


We all know that I am not the best wrapper in the world, so this is the best he got this year!


We went back and forth opening presents from each other.  D.J. did good this year.  Some Bath and Body Works, Victoria Secret, TOMS, and most excitingly a full interior detail of my car! Perfect timing before baby Brown makes his arrival in March!



D.J. got lots of jackets - sweatshirts, long sleeve shirts - you name it, he got it! He got a Lifeproof phone case, a football, Redskins flag and more!


 Around 8 a.m. or so, we drove over to my parents and opened up all the presents Santa brought us there! Nana, Uncle David and Anne were all there to watch us open gifts this year too. Julie's big present was a Kate Spade watch. Bobby got money for a ski trip, D.J. got a ticket to Carrie Underwood with me, and I got Christmas dishes and a watering system for my plants!





Before we drove up to the Brown's for the weekend, we made a quick stop at my cousins down the street to see their awesome trampoline.  They were having a BLAST! Notice what everyone is wearing - looks like summer time! 75 on Christmas was such a treat, but we are all ready for the colder weather!


We got on the road to D.J.'s house around 12:30 p.m. and had a great weekend up there.  Saturday was the annual holiday party at their house.  We ate lots of food, watched the Redskins clinch a playoff spot, did some after Christmas shopping in Fredericksburg and relaxed on Sunday before heading home.

I am so glad I decided to take the three days of work off this week.  I was not ready for the holidays to be over and needed to spend some time doing nothing and preparing for baby's arrival! Lots to do before March!!

Hope you all have a great New Years and ring in 2016 with the ones you love!

1 comment:

  1. Such a great Christmas!! The car detailing is a great gift! I feel the exact same way about staying home once we have kids so this was our last year traveling like crazy people to see alll of our families! Hoping they'll come to us next year ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on the blog! I cannot wait to read it and check out your blog! xx, cayte