Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Super Bowl Weekending

So not only was it Super Bowl weekend, but it was basketball weekend, cheering weekend, CPR weekend, and much more! Needles to say, once again, we were busy.

Friday night D.J. had a basketball game followed by "Lower School Night" at the Varsity boys' game at the school.  Along with some of my co-workers, we managed to pull off an awesome night for all the lower school students with raffle prizes, games to play, and lots of cheering from the stands! The game awe AMAZING and we won by two points! In case I haven't mentioned it before, I stepped up to the plate and took on the Varsity Cheering team this year as the head coach.  More on that later.. but after the long, exhausting night of trying to control little kids and make sure they don't get taken out by the 6'6 basketball player, I topped off the night with a lock in sleepover with the middle school and varsity cheering team.


Yes. You can say it - I'm crazy. But the sleepover was actually pretty fun.  I wish I could have done some more team bonding with the team, but they wanted to watch some terrible movie called Warm Bodies, so we limited the team bonding. After the movie, I called a "bedtime" at 1:00 a.m. and I'm confident they didn't go to sleep until around 2.  So that happened... and then in the morning, they all looked like this...


Also known as PASSED OUT!

Then after everyone was picked up, the school offered a CPR re-certification class that I was signed up for, so I topped off a 13 hour work day, sleepover with middle and high schoolers, I went and refreshed my skills on how to save someones life...thanks to these pretty awesome friends right here...

 What's crazy/nasty is that when I was first certified (back in 2004? 2005?) these were the exact same "people" we practiced on!

The rest of the day Saturday I slept till about 4pm.  Then we did some things around the house and ended the night watching the UVA/Duke basketball game. 

Sunday morning I was up and at 'em. I put some boxes up in the attic, vacuumed, did some laundry, and D.J. finally took down the Christmas lights from the house.  No judgement people. We watched the Super Bowl with some friends and their kids out in Virginia Beach.  What an ending to a game.  Amazing game played by all!

Here's to another productive week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on the blog! I cannot wait to read it and check out your blog! xx, cayte