Friday, October 31, 2014

Anniversary Weekend: Cape Charles, VA

This weekend D.J. and I are going to the Eastern Shore of Virginia to a quaint little town, Cape Charles.  I have been looking forward to going on our mini vacation for quite some time now.  If you remember, we were supposed to head out west and visit San Diego for the first time, but baseball played the "not-so-fast" card on us and made us change our plans.
So we ended up going with plan B, which I am almost looking forward to more than I was San Diego.  I love the fact that its close enough to go for a few day and drive home Sunday without spending a whole day traveling.  Here's my top 5 things I am looking forward to the most this weekend!

one: anniversary cake


I cannot wait to get a taste of our extra fresh anniversary cake that Just Cupcakes is making for us on Friday! We decided that instead of trying to free the cake from our wedding, we are going to have a new one made fresh.

two:  Aqua


We got our first experience of Aqua when we were on the Eastern Shore for Ansley & Chris' wedding back in September 2013. I cannot wait to go to dinner here on Saturday night! I'm thinking lobster mac and cheer and crab lollipops?! No idea what those are, but they sound fun!

three: Chatam Vineyards


Excited to check another Virginia Vineyard off my list this weekend.  As long as the weather cooperates.

four: The Shanty 


Looks like DJ and I are going to be doing a lot of eating on this weekend trip! The Shanty is a place that has been recommended to us by multiple people, so I am looking forward to dinner there tonight probably.  

five: time with the boo
I am really looking forward to spending time with DJ.  We have been so busy since he got home and I am excited to just relax and hang out with each other!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend and I will be back on MOnday to recap our belated anniversary celebration! Follow along on instagram for updates! 

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea for your anniversary cake! I'm a little concerned with how ours will taste after a year in the freezer!

    Justine
    www.lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on the blog! I cannot wait to read it and check out your blog! xx, cayte