Friday, January 3, 2014

Making 2014 Count


Loose weight, get healthy, save more money. Seems like everyone always makes the same New Year's Resolutions each year.  2013 was for sure one of the best in the book.  2014- you have a lot to live up to!
When I started to think about what my word of 2014 should be, I kept coming back to a phrase.  live in the moment.
Already making 2014 count by giving back to kids that need the hair more than I do! 1 thing on the 2014 bucket list crossed off!

For me, living in the moment means not planning the next 2 years out in my mind.  It means embracing how beautiful my body is inside and out.  Not looking at our home and always thinking I need to do something more (even though owning a home always means perpetual work). Knowing that whatever the future holds, it will always find a way to work out how it should.  The baseball lifestyle is one that does not work well with planning.  One day we could be in Carolina, the next we could not even be with the Indians Organization.  I am going to live in the moment by loving my husband and enjoying the time we have together before we start thinking about a family.  We want to travel. We want to strengthen our marriage.  We want to be the best us before we bring a child into the world.  So for all you people out there that say "Cayte and D.J. are going to be pregnant within the first year",  you can mark my word here that we will not be popping out babies anytime soon! :)

2014 has lots in store for me and for D.J. We plan to make lots of memories and enjoy every second.
 We will make 2014 count by living in the moment.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, love this so much - I too am wanting to stop, breathe and live in the moment. Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victoria, Thank you so much for stopping by! Hope you continue to bring in the New Year with us and continue to read the blog! We can remind each other to keep living in the moment!

      Delete
  2. Great plan for the New Year! Props to you for chopping off that much hair - you go girl!
    Love that shirt by the way (I'm almost positive I own the same one!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber,
      The chop was something I have been wanting to do since I got married! After the wedding, I knew it was time. I always have wanted to donate my hair and now what better time than the present! Thanks for stopping by the blog and hope you continue to do so! Yes- that shirt is a must have! Jcrew is the best :)

      Cayte

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on the blog! I cannot wait to read it and check out your blog! xx, cayte