Friday, December 20, 2013

#Flashback Friday: The Proposal

If you have not heard this story, I think it's safe to say our proposal story is quite funny. I had known we would be getting engaged in the next few months, but I had no idea it would be in August.  D.J. was flying home for his sisters wedding and I knew it couldn't be that weekend.. OBVIOUSLY!! Well, I was wrong. Here's how the story goes!

After I picked D.J. up in Richmond on Friday morning, we drove up to Fredericksburg for him to get his tux for the wedding.  I had asked to stop by the mall so we could go look at the rings again (not knowing he had already bought it!) He was so sweet and just said "babe stop thinking about all that, this is Amy's weekend".  Which was 100% true! I had told him whatever he does, he is not allowed to propose anytime that weekend.  Which is why I thought it would be in October when I went out to visit him in Arizona.  We got our nails done during the day (funny how he planned that one isn't it?!) and that night we had the rehearsal and the dinner and it was all so lovely! On the way home I had said "We should tell Amy and Brian to throw us the bouquet and garter!" Once I said that, D.J. knew exactly how he was going to pop the big question!

Saturday was full of love and wedding excitement! I was in charge of being Amy's right-hand woman and doing anything she needed. The ceremony was beautiful, the dances were great, and the food was delicious! Late into the night, Amy and Brian were getting ready for the bouquet and garter toss and I think the pictures below will speak for themselves!






 


Our first picture after we got engaged!
Needless to say, I was shocked! Everyone was in on it including the bride and groom! I felt terrible for doing that, but Amy said she wouldn't have had it any other way! I am so thankful that we got to share such a special day with them! 8.18.12.

2 comments:

  1. Best engagement story ever!!! Love this so, so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious! What a sweet sister to be in on that on her wedding day! My fiance's brother and his fiance joked about eloping the morning after my wedding and brunch and I wanted to throw something at her hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on the blog! I cannot wait to read it and check out your blog! xx, cayte