Monday, January 2, 2017

Our 2016 Christmas

Christmas with a child did not disappoint. From the moment we got out the decorations to Christmas morning and then again at my in-laws, seeing the joy from Harrison's eyes is so awesome.  Well, these eyes are a little tired here...


I knew once we had kids, Christmas would look a little different than it has in the past.  We continued the tradition of Christmas Eve Mass at Blessed Sacrament followed by dinner at my aunt and uncles house with the entire family plus a few family friends.  





On Christmas morning we woke up at our own house, D.J. and I exchanged gifts and Harrison saw all the presents that Santa brought him.  Santa left all the presents unwrapped and there were no presents from mom and dad.  That's the way we had it growing up, so I continued the tradition.  We will see if that holds true in a few years, because D.J. grew up getting presents from mom and dad!

Around 8 a.m. my family came over to see Harrison's presents and then we went to their house around 9 a.m. to open presents and have breakfast.  We spent the morning there, played with Harrison's new car from my godfather and uncle (huge car fanatics) and then in the afternoon we went out to Virginia Beach for dinner at my cousins house with the entire family.  We don't do much as just an "immediate family" with my parents and sibilings...most of the time it's the whole gang!




And of course, the obligatory Christmas morning photo in our matching jammies!







Nothing better than having these kids around to watch them grow up!





On Dec. 26 we drove up to my in-laws and had Christmas with them! The annual Brown Holiday Party was that day as well, so we got a late start on opening presents, but one thing we know for sure is that we are all loved by so many family members, especially HC!





It seemed like the holidays came and went very fast this year, but as every day passes, we get to see our son learn new things every day.  On Christmas Eve he learned how to clap when we say "yay" and on Christmas morning, he woke up with his 7th tooth. Time is flying fast...I hate it, but I love it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on the blog! I cannot wait to read it and check out your blog! xx, cayte