Thursday, May 8, 2014

#baseballwifelife: The Ladies

I think that one of the best parts about D.J. being a professional baseball player is meeting all the girlfriends/fiances/wives that have guys in the minors! When we first got drafted with the Indians, I had no idea how many new friends I would be making; I just assumed D.J. would be making all the new friends! When D.J. got to Lake County last year and I met Maria (who is expecting their first little boy soon!) and Mikaela, it was so great to have some girlfriends to hang out with while the boys went to the field.  I can only imagine how awesome it was for them to have each other the whole season while the boys were on road trips! Unfortunately, Maria and Eric are still in East Lake and Mikaela is living in Alaska working, so I don't see them a whole lot.  Besides the two of them, there were a few other girlfriends that showed up from time to time when I would visit D.J. last season, but none that stuck around!

During the off season, I met a few more ladies that I have gotten to know pretty well over the last few months.  Crazy how technology can bring so many people into your life.  I met these ladies on Facebook, Twitter, and the Blog! Now my family and D.J. think its weird/crazy that I just start talking to these random people, but that's just how I am! I wanted to introduce you to a few of the ladies that I have met that share a similar lifestyle as we do!

martha kate @ seasons with the strattons and her husband are with the San Francisco Giants and currently in High A (same as us) ball in California.  Martha Kate and I have been following each other's blogs for a while now. I really appreciate the insight she brings to the wife role as someone that gets to travel to almost all of her husbands games. She is also a wife to a pitcher so when I read about her experiences, I can relate pretty well to almost everything! I wish our boy's played closer to each other so we would be able to actually meet! The good thing with baseball is that ya never know! If both of our boys move up, they will play against each other! The Giant's AA team is Richmond Flying Squirrels and our AA team plays against them!

chelsea @ the minor league picture and her husband actually knew D.J. before Chelsea and I had a chance to figure it out! One day, I was talking to D.J. about "this girl" that I follow on twitter and surprisingly enough, D.J. knew her name when I said it! Long story short, he played summer ball in college with Daniel, her husband.  So when we both realized that we would be in Arizona at the time, we decided it was crucial that we meet up! It was so great to meet Daniel and Chelsea and although their story has taken some turns this season, I am so happy to have met this sweet couple and continue to talk baseball every now and then with her! Chelsea is also the whole reason I started to sell Advocare.  Here is the post about my story with Advocare if you are interested in knowing more!

This season has been great because I have been able to meet a lot more ladies in the stands during games then I have in the past.  Obviously I am there a lot more than I was last year so it makes sense.  Kaela, Rachel, Alexa, Ashley, and I know there will be more in the next few months! I am so excited to have met all these awesome ladies and cannot wait to see them all again soon!

A few other blogs that I read are Emily @ Freckles and Fastballs, Susan @ The Johnson Jumble, Nicole @The Life of a Baseball Wife (whose hubby happens to be the Indians!), and Kendall @ Know Better Love. I love the way Kendall documents their days on her blog! It really puts it into perspective what every day life looks like for the wives!

Ladies- who knows when our paths may cross, but if you are ever at a Carolina Mudcats game or I am in your town, please let me know! I love the bond that ties us together and so happy we have each other to talk to!

Happy Thursday y'all!! Only one more day till the weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet sweet words! So thankful for the blog world and being able to "meet" new friends! Here's to hoping both of our pitchers make it to double A at the same time so we can finally meet in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool! It reminds me so much of the relationship military wives/fiances/girlfriends have! Thank goodness for the interwebs that bring us all together :)

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://www.anchorsaweighblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, Cayte! I'm so thankful for the blogging community to help us all bond new friendships! Thanks for the tips also. I hope I am no longer a "no reply" blogger?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I don't know where I'd be without my little baseball family to spend time with while the boys are on the road, to complain about how schedules suck sometime with, and even to level out the amount of testosterone in a room at any given time. Some of the best friends I have to date are the ones from baseball!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on the blog! I cannot wait to read it and check out your blog! xx, cayte