Friday, March 28, 2014

s.i.x. m.o.n.t.h.s.


Today is our six month anniversary.  I figure that if parents are allowed to track their kids by months, then I am allowed to track my marriage by months... at least till we hit the twelve month mark!

Since we partied the night away on September 28, 2013, D.J. and I have been busy with life, baseball, and everything in between.  We have bought a house, traveled to St. Lucia, visited friends and family, celebrated marriages, and spoiled Stryker rotten. The past six months have flown by but at the same time seem like we have done so many exciting things. Deciding to commit myself to D.J. for the rest of our lives has been the biggest decision of my life, but the easiest of all.  I had nerves about certain things, but I was the bride that was saying "LETS GO!" when I was about to walk down the aisle.  Just ask the groomsmen that were waiting in the back with me! We were pumped! Over the last six months, I know that we both have learned about about each other and our marriage as well as ourselves. So today's 5 on Friday goes out to my loving husband of six whole months! :) 


one. keep it funny. 
We both love to have fun and make each other laugh.  I feel like the key to a happy marriage is to at least make the other laugh once a day. 

two. be spontaneous
Everything is better when you don't plan things. Date nights, trips, or even something as simple as dinner.  We have found that just being together really makes things more special. This also rings true for our baseball life as well.  Even though I am a planner, it proves to be true that whenever we plan something, another thing happens. This upcoming baseball season (which I will have news about on Monday!!!) is going to be very spontaneous for me!

three. remember to make "us" time
Often we found ourselves having every weekend planned and no free time to just do whatever we wanted.  In the next few months, I plan to enjoy the time we have together and relax.  Even though it will be filled with trips and baseball, we are excited to spend us much quality time as husband and wife!

four. make memories
One day you will look back at the first six months of your marriage and think, "wow, that was so long ago!" Spend time now making memories that will last forever. 

five. spend time with family and friends
Since baseball seems to be married to my husband for half of the year, I am so thankful that we have such great friends and family.  So to everyone in the picture below, thank you for helping us make lots of memories, take lots of trips, and spend quality time with each and every one of you! We cannot wait to continue our friendship with you all and thank you again for standing by our sides while we made the best decision of our life!

Cheers to six. And many more fabulous months, year, and decades to come!



Happy Friday Y'all!


2 comments:

  1. Happy 6th months Anniversary. Which y'all many more to come

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this was a few days ago, but Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!

    I love point #2 - spontaneous date nights are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on the blog! I cannot wait to read it and check out your blog! xx, cayte